Here, you'll be able to get news, information, schedules, rosters, game results, directions and much much more. Check back frequently for the latest information about our club
*Fall Ball Signups are now open*
Register by July 31st to receive an Early Bird Special
HEARTWELL 11U ALL-STARS
Our 11U Heartwell All-Stars has earned a trip to the 11u Cal Ripken Pacific Soutwest Regional tournament. They earned the berth yesterday, July 12 and have to report to Vernal, Utah in 1 week on Sunday July 19 to play against teams from Arizona, Nevada, Utah, and Northern and Central California. Our 11U Heartwell All-Stars is asking for help from our members and families/friends with travel expenses to be divided amongst the team members so they can participate in this once of a lifetime opportunity.
Thank you for your generous support helping these boys from our own Heartwell Baseball League.
7/16-7/26/15 10% of all sales at the Buffalo Wild Wings in Long Beach will go to Heartwell and Los Altos baseball programs. Your family and friends only need to mention that they are supporting Heartwell 11u All-stars. The address is 6314 E. Pacific Coast Highway (Marina Pacifica Mall) Long Beach, CA 90803-4804.
One of my Mariner and 11u players Austin Wilkinson lost his uncle this week. My Asst Coach Geoff Wilkinson (brother-in-law) Last Friday he had a seizure and hit his head and never was able to wake up again. His name is Craig Diamond and many have heard the story through the newspaper and Facebook. Craig coached T-ball at our park 1 year and his son Jaye played for Heartwell for 3 years in Tball and Rookie. During our TOC game on Tuesday Austin was pitching with a shirt honoring his uncle as he was taken off life support. Craig was the sole provider for the family as Geoff's sister raised their 3 kids. I've attached a brochure describing a fundraiser to help Geoff's sister and nieces and nephew with the medical costs they incurred this past week. It is $25 per person wine tasting event. Feel free to spread the information across the league as they need are support in anyway possible.
O'Malley's 140 Main St, Seal Beach, CA 90740
Let's raise a glass to our beloved Craig Diamond! Join us for fine wines, fun atmosphere and wonderful friends. Hosted by our own John Harris at O'Malley's in Seal Beach we will have wine tasting, raffles and a silent auction. Coming up soon on Wednesday, June 24 2015 at 6 pm. Invite your friends! Wine tasting will be $25 per person. All proceeds will benefit the Diamond Family Fund. You may also visit the gofundme account. http://www.gofundme.com/wxe73k
2015 DIVISION CHAMPIONS
Congratulations to the 2015 Division Champions
Single A Division - Angels
Double AA Division - Pirates
Triple AAA Division - Yankees
Majors Division - Giants
Babe Ruth Juniors Division - Yankees
BUDDY BALL NEEDS OUR HELP!!!
Buddy Baseball needs your help. We are working with the Cash4Shooz Organization to raise funds to purchase adapted bikes for some of our players. Cash4Shooz is an organization that donates gently used shoes to people in developing nations to help them create small businesses to support their families. We need a minimum of 50 FULL black lawn bags (33 gallon) with 25 pairs or more of shoes per bag. The shoes should be gently used, tied together with laces or secured with a rubberband. There will be a collection box in front of the Snack Shack every Saturday. Spread the word- tell your neighbors, schools, church, Facebook friends-EVERYONE! 100% of the profit goes to Buddy Baseball. This program is a win, win, win for everyone involved!!!!
SPRING 2015 BASEBALL SIGNUPS
Babe Ruth Senior Division:
Registration Now Open!
2015 SNACK BAR SIGN UP INFORMATION
ÃƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒÃƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒ†’ƒƒÃƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒÃƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒ†’†’ƒƒƒƒƒƒƒÃƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒÃƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒ†’ƒƒÃƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒÃƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒ†’†’ƒƒƒƒƒ†’ƒ¯»¿*New for the 2015 Spring Baseball Season, we will be doing our Snack Bar Schedule by teams this season. Please refer to your team moms to when your teams are responsible for Snack Bar duty! All other policies remain the same.
* All parents are required to volunteer with the league, primarily in the Snack Shack, for a total of 6 hours per child in order to receive their Snack Shack deposit back from the league. If they do not complete 6 hours of volunteering, they forfeit that deposit to the league.
* An entire team's parents DO NOT receive their deposits back by having one person perform 6 hours of volunteering in the name of the team.
* The schedule shows the MINIMUM number of bodies needed in the snack shack for each shift - it is NOT limited to that number of people per shift. HOWEVER, Team Moms need to facilitate the scheduling and PLAN AHEAD by making sure that BOTH OF THEIR TEAM DAYS WILL BE COVERED. For example: please don't send 12 people to work 6 hours each on a Saturday, then not send anyone for a weeknight.
* IF no one from the team assigned is available for their specific day/time, the TEAM MOM MAY CHOOSE TO TRADE DAYS BY CONTACTING ANOTHER TEAM MOM AND MAKING THOSE ARRANGEMENTS. It is each team's responsibility to make sure there is someone that shows up to the Snack Shack.
* Since there are not enough dates/shifts assigned for all parents to complete their 6 hours per child, there is ALWAYS something to do at the Snack Shack and we WELCOME ANY DROP-IN VOLUNTEERS, especially on Saturdays! We are flexible and are happy to assist with anyone wishing to complete their volunteering obligation if they cannot do so with only the shifts assigned to their team.
The goal is to have enough volunteers to provide the Snack Shack services AND to give the parents as many opportunities as possible to earn their deposits back!
Sign up online for Snack Bar Duty. Click here, or go to the "Snack Bar Sign Up" section under the "HOME" tab to see what spots are open. *Please note that you need to be registered as a member of this Heartwell website in order to sign up (see "Heartwell Website Instructions" in the "Documents" section if you need further instructions).
As a reminder, each parent/member must fulfill a 6-hour Snack Bar Duty commitment per player before the Spring 2015 season ends in order to receive back the $60 Snack Bar Deposit.
HEARTWELL GOLD SPONSORS
The mission of Heartwell Baseball Inc., (HCRBRL) is to provide a competitive yet fun and instructional baseball program serving Long Beach and the surrounding communities in our boundaries.
In accordance with Section 501(c)(3) of the Federal Internal Revenue Code, HCRBRL shall operate exclusively as a non-profit educational organization providing a supervised program of competitive baseball games. No part of the net earnings shall inure to the benefit of any private shareholder or individual. No substantial part of League activities, for the purpose of carrying on propaganda or otherwise attempting to influence legislation, will be authorized. The League will not participate in or intervene in any political campaign on behalf of any candidate for public office.